Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Practical New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year! My least favorite time of the year. Why? Because you're crowding the gym with your New Year's resolution! Getting physical and financially are among the most popular resolutions. But let's face it, you're going to fail by day one. That's because on January 1, you're nursing a hang-over, watching a bowl game with friends,  too full to work out or a combo of all three.

Stop the madness! Do what I do. Resolve to make practical New Year's resolutions you can keep. Here's my top three (that I still do every couple days/once a week).

  1. Pluck your eyebrows. No one likes to see a busy eyebrow, so resolve to get it waxed once, then maintain it every few days. (For guys, pluck your nose hairs. Trust me, we notice!)
  2. Wear a skirt. This one helps with wearing those skirts and dresses you bought and swore you would wear but never do. It also rotates your wardrobe and keeps your clothes looking new and fresh longer. (Guys, choose the shirts on the right side of your closet, your wives will thank you!)
  3. Cook once a week. And if you want to go out on a limb, be sure to make something new every week. That way, you're using that All-Clad pan you had to have, you're saving money and it's healthier for you because you made it.
The following resolutions I've had in place for at least the past five years. So what's my New Year's resolution in 2014? 

To blog once a week and get serious in my personal life. 

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I love your resolutions! I think I'll adopt them, thank you.
    Brandy

    ReplyDelete