Wednesday, September 28, 2011

An Answer 4 Days & A Crude Accusation Later

Like any normal girl, I totally over-analyzed why my date randomly ditched me at the Funny Bone 15 minutes before the end of the show. Was I rude? Did I come off as being bored? Not cute enough? Too independent? What was it??

I told my story several times to my mom (it makes her sick to her stomach), my dad (WHAT?!), my friends and even co-workers and some randies at the bar--both men and women. But none of us could could come up with a plausible answer other than the following:
  • explosive diarrhea
  • married
  • gambler
So, I decided to ask him directly. And four days after the date, in the course of an hour via text, the answer unfolded. And I have to say, I totally didn't see this see this one coming.

Me: Norm says ur @ the job site so good to know ur alive. Am curious why u ditched and stiffed me on fri night. Not only rude, but also a waste of my time & money.

Me: Btw...the consensus is u had explosive diarrhea, are married or u have a gambling problem :)

Him: No no and no

Me: I'm thinking ur just a douche

Him: Wow really

Me: Yes, really. my co-worker, who's married, is confused. He's asking u, "do u think u did nothing wrong?"

Him: Well its not anything you did, ill just put it like this, in attending a funeral tomorrow from what transpired on friday night long story and its too late to smooth things out with you, obviously by your anger, all i can say is im sorry

Me: U know I'm not mad...but the fact that u left w/out saying anything?? I'm sorry 4 ur loss, but u could have textd me.

Him: I really have no excuse short of a dead battery that night, i had to fly down to lincoln to brian and figured that prob ruined anything that may have been starting. so in a nut shell what happened that night and my handling of it was terrible

Me: True that. Again, even if u had a dead battery, u could have communicated those facts 2 me. And really, no car battery charger? Really? Hard 2 believe...

Me: And ur phone was dead 4 4 days? Really? I can't believe u think I would honestly consider giving u a 2nd chance. A check yes, but u have zero opp. 4 redemption.

Him: Not for four days like i said i figured that i f**cked up that chance, would i like one yes but...

Me: R u serious? I don't the same mistake twice. I'm not an idiot & I don't settle. If ur type is all that's left, I'm fine w/ staying single.


It goes downhill from there, but I think you get the jist.

So what do you think? Am I blowing this out of proportion because of his family emergency? Or am I justified in saying what I said? 

2 comments: